You need video, you need video, you need video. No matter what blog you go to, any marketing site worth a grain of salt will be telling you that you must incorporate video into your marketing strategy.
But how much does video matter in marketing? It’s easy to say “a lot” and leave it at that, but since we’re a video creation tool and we don’t want to sound too biased, we figured we’d go ahead and curate the data to back up the claim. All of these video marketing statistics reiterate the importance of utilizing video in all aspects of your marketing, all the way from social media down to your landing pages.
1. More than 8 billion videos (estimated at more than 100 million hours of videos) are watched daily on Facebook. –TechCrunch
2. More than 10 billion videos are watched on Snapchat daily. –Bloomberg
3. 45% of social users watch more than an hour of YouTube or Facebook videos every week. –Wordstream
4. 82% of Twitter users watch video content on the platform. – Insivia
5. Periscope users watch more than 110 years of live videos on a daily basis. –Periscope
7. More than 500 million hours of YouTube videos are watched each day. –WordStream
8. About 1/3 of internet users have a YouTube account. –WordStream
9. Customers would be 4x more likely to watch a video about a product instead of reading about it. –Animoto
10. 59% of executives (which many B2B businesses target) would rather watch video than read text. –Forbes
11. Videos are shared 1200% more times than links and text combined. –Orion21
12. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text. –Insivia
13. Companies using video see 41% more web traffic from search than non-video users – Aberdeen
14. Blog posts incorporating video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video – Moz
16. Having a video on your landing page can increase conversions by as much as 86%. –EyeView
17. Four out of five customers believe that demo videos are helpful. – Animoto
18. 65% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after they’ve watched a video about it. –Forbes
19. An Australian real estate company found that they had 403% more inquiries on listings that had videos than on those that didn’t. –Virtuets
20. Having video on your landing page can make it 53% more likely to show up on the first page of results. –MistMedia
21. Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. –ThinkWithGoogle
22. Including a video on your homepage can increase conversion rates by 20% or more – Reel SEO
23. 43% of people want to see more video from content marketers. –Hubspot
24. Marketers who use video as part of their marketing campaigns grow revenue a whopping 49% faster than businesses who don’t use video. –VidYard
25. 56% of videos produced in the last year are under two minutes long. –Hubspot
26. It’s estimated that by 2020, online video will account for roughly 80% of all consumer internet traffic. –CISCO
27. Adding video to emails can increase click-through rates anywhere from 200-300%. –Forbes
28. Users spend an average of 88% more time on sites with videos than those without. –MistMedia
29. The average video retains 37% of users until the end, but the top 5% of all videos retain 77% of users to the end of the content. –Hubspot
30. Videos under 90 seconds long have average retention rates of about 53%. Videos more than 30 minutes long only have 10% retention rates. –Hubspot
32. Retail site visitors who watch a video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors – Comscore
These statistics don’t show the importance of video marketing, but instead how users consume it. It’s worth noting when planning your video strategy.
33. 86% of business-related video views take place on desktop browsers, with only 14% appearing on mobile. –Hubspot
34. That being said, according to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year. –Forbes
35. People spend an average of 2.6x more time on the pages of sites that have video than those without. –Wistia
37. 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound (so please, for the love of everything good in the world, add captions to your videos!). –Digiday
38. 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others. –Virtuets
39. The average user spends over 16 minutes watching online video ads every month – ComScore
There you have it: the 39 biggest reasons that businesses need to be using video as an integral part of their marketing campaigns. It doesn’t just diversify content and fill out your social profiles (though it does that too!); video increases engagement, time spent on a page, and conversions regardless of which platform or medium it’s used on. That’s a significant advantage.
And we’ve got one last statistic worth discussing: according to Buffer, 83% of businesses say they would create more video content if there were no obstacles like time, resources, and budget. Shakr wants to help you overcome all three, with easy-to-use video creation software that is affordable and requires zero design experience. Don’t let a perceived lack of ability get in your way and let us help you grow your revenue—and your business—with video today.